1. From the deck of our house we see a creek named Sinclair and pronounced Sinkler, and the Boston Mountains.
2. I have no formal education beyond 12th grade, yet I have at one time or another been city editor, features writer and editor of three newspapers.
3. When we were building our home in the Ozarks we lived in a converted chicken house and bathed in the cold waters of Sinkler Creek, women first, then men.
4. I wrote three novels on a Sears electric typewriter before acquiring a computer which was actually nothing more than a word processor with a six by six inch screen.
5. None of those novels were ever published, but I’m reworking the first one, Beyond The Moon, which I finished in 1986. This book was published this month by Oghma Creative Media and is now available.
6. I met my husband when I was 14. We were high school sweethearts, and I only dated two other boys before marrying him 3 years later.
7. The Ozark National Forest is our next door neighbor and occasionally a black bear visits us.
8. I cannot think of another thing I would like to do if I could no longer write.
- When it comes to writing, I’m not sure what I enjoy the most: Western historical: watch for Rowena’s Hellion Oct. 24; mysteries: look for A Telltale Stone, the second in the Twist of Poe series, in April, 2015; or mainstream love stories: see Once there were Sad Songs and Beyond the Moon. Coming up is a horror, A Savage Grace, that will be released for Halloween in 2015.
- My favorite flower is the fragrant lilac, I enjoy movies in my spare time.
I was 71 when I wrote the above eight facts. Today I added nine and ten. Now that you’ve read a blog entirely about me, don’t you wish I’d write something about you? Well, I will. If you would like to have a post featured here, please let me know and we’ll get together on your ten favorite things. Write me at vebrotherton at gmail dot com.